NE Saskatchewan Sales Rep
Location: Yorkton, SK or surrounding area
Reports To: Sales
Assignment Type: full-time
Degree in Plant Science, Weed Science or Agronomy with 3-5 years field experience in crop protection industry.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a degree in agriculture and will have five or more years of field experience in the crop protection industry in Canada. Experience in pulse crop production, along with full working knowledge of cereals and oilseeds will be an asset, the candidate must have a thorough understanding of the Canadian crop protection industry. The successful candidate will exhibit strong inter-personal skills. The position demands strong verbal and written communication skills with experience in translating detailed scientific information into practical decision-ready information for non-technical clients. He or she will be a self-starter able to take initiative and conduct themselves in a professional manner with little direct supervision. We are looking for a strong team player that thrives in the role of being the lead technical expert supporting distribution customer sales needs in their assigned region.
Examples of Specific Duties:
- Responsible for the P&L of the territory.
- Establishing and meeting objectives.
- Budget and manage sales support expenses including business promotion and local marketing budgets.
- Establish strong relationship with retailers in the territory
- Build strong relationships with local distribution partners
- Work with commodity groups and others who influence growers on key agronomic challenges
- Advocate the territory within Gowan and educate Gowan Company on the local business
- Find how to suit Gowan’s resources and direction to the region
- Participate in long term and short term business planning
- Determine products for focus in the territory
- Outline trials needed for development work
- Establish or grow Gowan’s reputation in the region
- Reports to General Manager, Canada
Send Resumes to CanadianCareers@gowanco.com