Avadex® Liquid EC Herbicide
Avadex® Liquid EC Herbicide is a highly active, easy-to-apply liquid herbicide specially suited for conventionally tilled fields with low amounts of crop residue.
MANAGE HERBICIDE RESISTANCE
Herbicide layering, using a pre-emergent herbicide prior to an in-crop herbicide application, is a recommended way to use multiple modes of action to help manage herbicide resistance. Use Avadex® Liquid EC alone or in a tank-mix with glyphosate in a pre-seed application to
control wild oats, including Group 1 and Group 2 resistant wild oats.
PRE-EMERGENT YIELD ADVANTAGE
Any early-season competition from wild oats will reduce yields, even with as few as three plants per square metre (Ag Canada, Lacombe). Avadex allows your crop to grow with reduced competition, avoiding the 11% and 23% yield losses when wild oats are removed at the 2–3 or 4–5 leaf stage.
Wild oats (including Group 1 and Group 2 resistant biotypes)
Triallate – Group 15 – thiocarbamate
FORMULATION + PACKAGING
480 gr/L EC available in 2 x 10L jugs/case, a 115L drum or a 946.25L tote
Wild oats will grow through the treated layer, absorb the active ingredient through shoot material and not emerge.
Do not seed oats the following year. All other crops can be grown the year after application.
- Harrow before application to destroy any large lumps and to break up crop residues and help blacken the soil. Triallate can be tied up in straw and chaff residues, so
- do not apply Avadex Liquid EC to fields with more than 30% crop residue coverage (70% soil). This photo shows soil perfect for spring application.
- Avadex Liquid EC can be mixed with glyphosate or other burndown materials to clean up existing weeds and give residual control of wild oats.
- Do not apply Avadex Liquid EC to burned fields for a minimum of 12 months. Triallate will bind tightly with carbon residue, reducing weed control.
- Incorporate with a heavy harrow to a depth of ½”–1” to lock the active ingredient into a continuous herbicide barrier. Seed ½” below this depth for best crop safety.