Gavel DF Fungicide
Gavel® DF Fungicide combines the unique activity of zoxamide with the proven broad spectrum protection of mancozeb. These multiple modes of action help prevent resistance to Gavel.
Alternaria (early blight), late blight
- Zoxamide and mancozeb work collaboratively to protect the plant from key diseases. Zoxamide kills fungal zoospores before they are released and as they attempt to penetrate the leaf surface. Mancozeb inhibits spore germination and disrupts enzymatic activity. Highly effective protectant fungicide combining two unique active ingredients.
- Excellent control of Alternaria (early blight) and late blight diseases in potatoes.
- Highly rainfast on foliage.
- Multiple modes of action (FRAC Group 22 and M) – excellent for resistance management.
- Gavel is not systemic but does exhibit excellent rainfastness (resists wash-off from the leaves). Zoxamide is taken up and held tightly within the leaf cuticle wax layer making it difficult to wash off. Ideal placement to protect potatoes from invading zoospores.